Empathy sells more and improves our world
People can get easily information but not insight – helping others see what they can’t see is insight.
Watch this video recording in the series, Perigee’s Virtual Executive Roundtables. Co-host, Brian Williams, shares his perspective during the June 2, 2020 roundtable. The Hot Topic was: Selling has changed, and yet it hasn’t.
Co-Host, Brian Williams’ bio
- Served clients including AT&T, Motorola, Cisco and Fortune 1000 Tech companies.
- Toastmasters World Champ. of Public Speaking (Top 40 of 30K)
- Featured in SUCCESS Magazine (Nov 2019)
- Author (The Ultimate Sales Messaging System: The 6-step System to Clarify Your Sales Message)
- Keynote speaker and coach to Keynote Speakers
- Prior role: 20-yr tech exec, head of global business strategy
- CEO & Founder of Perspectivity, 2012
- Man of faith, giving God glory for his success
- Married, Father of 4, Avid Runner, Amateur Photographer, Prison & Homeless Ministry
- Read more on P.I.E. Model or the 6 Steps
- P.I.E. Model
- Persevere – more than ever, doing business Is difficult, change is difficult, and yet we still have to keep our standards and deliver the highest quality to clients and customers.
- Insight – people can get easily information but not insight – helping others see what they can’t see is insight. Quote: Swimming in Data, Thirsting for Knowledge.
- Empathy – we must truly connect with others through humility, authenticity, and by listening. Only then, can we begin to empathize. This is where deep connections happen and selling becomes easy.
- The 6 steps are (from Brian’s book):
- A – Audience Profile: We must first define our target audience, down to the DNA level so the message connects instantly and directly.
- B – Basic Building Blocks: You must build a firm foundation for your presentation which starts with one main idea…your cornerstone idea.
- C – Content Storyboard: Since the brain loves story 62x more than facts and data, this tool ensures that your message flows like a story from start to finish…and they will love you for it.
And the XYZ’s:
- X – eXamine Your Content: Once you’ve designed your message, now let’s examine it against the Audience Profile that we created earlier. Will it resonate?
- Y – Your Preparation: Now it’s time to do what sets winners apart from the crowd. Let’s practice, practice, practice!
- Z – Zero in On Your Audience: Now that we have the design done and have practiced the delivery, will they both win this prospect?
Looking to take your company further?
Partner with Perigee to achieve where your business was meant to go.